– There is a strong link between mental health and sexual function: mental health problems like anxiety, depression or other psychiatric illnesses can lead to different types of sexual disorders. Sexual function is generally improved by treating, managing and relieving depression as well as anxiety. There are many useful therapies like meditation, relaxation techniques, mindfulness, cognitive behavioral therapy, etc.
– Medications for mental illnesses can cause changes in sexual function: It is a misconception that medications for mental illness cause sexual problems. In fact, sexual function is more likely to improve when your mental illness is treated. So, it is never a good idea to avoid the drug. If, for any reason, you experience sexual problems as a result of the medication, you should discuss this with your doctor in order to manage the side effects. There are many drugs that are known to produce less side effects.
– Sexual problems can signal cardiovascular or other medical problems: Men whose libido, erection, or ejaculation changes should definitely talk to their doctor. Any problem that lasts for months is only indicative of a more serious medical problem that needs to be addressed immediately.
– With age, certain changes in sexual function are normal: certain changes in your libido, your performance and your function are completely normal elements of aging. As men get older, they may start to need more time for foreplay or direct stimulation. If this is not enough for them to improve normal age-related changes in sexual function, sex therapy can also help.
– Improving overall health improves sexual performance: the cardiovascular, hormonal, neurological and psychological systems all interact together for sexual performance. And so, a healthy lifestyle can help prove sexual function, in a significant way. You need to focus on your diet, maintain a healthy weight, and exercise regularly to promote better overall health, and therefore better sexual health.