Erectile dysfunction is a disease that affects approximately 20 million men in the United States and is common around the world. Erectile dysfunction is generally defined as the inability to achieve or maintain a full erection.
The process of achieving a penile erection depends on a combination of biological functions performed by different parts of the body, including the brain, blood vessels, nerves, and muscles. With emotions and hormones added to the mix and problems in any of the above areas, a person might experience the disorder called erectile dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction can occur at any age and can have several causes, including:
- Mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, or stress
- Prescribed medications are taken regularly
- Previous trauma caused by injury, illness or surgery
- Poor fitness levels
- Physical health problems such as cardiovascular disease or diabetes
- Consumption of alcohol, drugs or cigarettes
For many men with erectile dysfunction, one of the less intrusive solutions is to take male enhancement supplements to help provide better stamina and firmer results. However, there is some debate on the effects of male enhancement supplements, so this article aims to examine how they can help men overcome erectile dysfunction.
What do male enhancement supplements contain?
Male enhancement supplements listed online and available in stores usually come in pill form and are labeled as dietary supplements. There are a variety of supplements on the market and most of the good sex enhancement pills are made from a combination of natural ingredients such as ashwagandha, black ginger extract, maca root, and yohimbe extract. The effects of these ingredients are considered to increase energy levels, improve libido, and reduce stress.
Other natural additives often used in the production of male enhancement pills include bioperine, cuscuta, ginkgo biloda, epimedium, iron, and zinc. Many male enhancement pills can be purchased over the counter as they are labeled as dietary supplements made from natural ingredients with low risk of causing side effects. Therefore, no medical prescription is required to purchase them.
Even though most male enhancement supplements contain natural ingredients, the majority of products on the market have not yet been approved by the FDA. Additionally, if you are taking any prescription medication, it is advisable to consult your doctor before trying any male enhancement pills.
How do male enhancement supplements work?
Although some brands of male enhancement pills claim to increase penis size, most do not and instead choose to focus on stamina and firmness. Most varieties of sexual performance boosters contain natural ingredients which, according to the producers, increase blood flow to the penis, which in turn increases the duration of an erection besides improving arousal, performance. and endurance.
In addition to improving blood flow to the penis, the individual ingredients in male enhancement supplements are believed to improve stamina and reduce stress.
Benefits of male enhancement pills
Male enhancement supplements are believed to provide a range of benefits for men with erectile dysfunction, including:
- Longer lasting erections; Male enhancement supplements make it easier for men to get and maintain an erection, which improves sexual performance and reduces anxiety and worries about their partner’s satisfaction.
- More intense orgasms; arousal, sensitivity and stamina are often increased, which allows for a better connection between partners
- Higher number of sperm; for couples looking to conceive, male enhancement supplements are known to be beneficial for male fertility
- Improved firmness of erection; it can make the penis bigger than usual due to the increased blood flow
- Natural ingredients; often combined in a mixture, the ingredients used in most male enhancement supplements are natural and the risk of side effects is low
Disadvantages of male enhancement pills
Despite the many benefits of taking male enhancement supplements, there are unfortunately a few drawbacks that should be considered when deciding whether or not to try supplements, including:
- Some brands claim to increase penis size even though this is considered scientifically impossible
- Some male enhancement products may use artificial or fake ingredients
- Many supplements are not approved by the FDA
- They may not solve the problem if used on their own and are best used in combination with other lifestyle changes such as better diet and exercise.
- Men taking prescription drugs or suffering from serious health conditions should seek advice from their doctor when considering male enhancement supplements to determine the risks.
Alternatives to male enhancement pills
Besides taking only male enhancement supplements, there are a variety of other ways that men can lessen the effects of erectile dysfunction, including:
- Increase the amount of regular exercise
- Go to therapy sessions
- Improve the quality of sleep
- Make dietary changes
- Stop smoking
- Take steps to reduce stress
- Use of traction devices or vacuum pumps
Generally, in order to improve sexual performance and treat the problem of erectile dysfunction, there is no quick way to cure it and a mixed approach should be taken, emphasizing well-being, supplemented by enhancement pills if needed.
When you buy male enhancement supplements, there are a few things you need to check to make sure that they are effective and safe. Some supplements may be approved by the FDA, although many have not yet been approved, however, it is possible to carefully read the ingredients to look for suspicious items that appear to be artificial.
Another thing to watch out for are male enhancement products that claim to increase penis length or size, as most of the products are only capable of increasing sexual desire and improving blood flow to the penis.
How do supplements compare to prescription drugs?
Due to their categorization as a dietary supplement, male enhancement pills do not require a doctor’s prescription, although there are several FDA approved prescription male enhancement drugs, including ‘avanafil, tadalafil, sildenafil and vardenafil. In general, prescription drugs are more reliable in terms of effectiveness and safety than dietary supplements, however, they are likely to be more expensive and perhaps more complicated to obtain.
The problem of erectile dysfunction is quite common and many men can experience problems at some point in their life. To solve the problem and maintain a healthy sex life, some men decide to take supplements to improve their libido and sexual performance. Male enhancement supplements containing natural ingredients are available over the counter and may be of benefit when used in conjunction with other improvements in mental and physical health.